Document & Form Management Solutions
Just what is “document management”, anyway? It’s an elusive term that can mean a lot of different things to a lot of different people and it often depends on how much paper is stuffed into the nooks and crannies of your office or work area.
A common definition: Document management is the process of handling documents in such a way that information can be created, shared, organized and stored efficiently and appropriately.
Voluforms helped a small, local hospital with a document management issue they were experiencing in their patient registration area. Registering each patient was time consuming and inefficient. The hospital charged Voluforms with helping them streamline the process to save time, money and increase both patient and employee satisfaction.
The “Before” situation:
- Required numerous key presses and several minutes per patient to gather all the necessary information and print all the forms that would go in each registration packet
- Required manual collating of forms and other materials
- Forced a manual decision to include certain additional forms (eg Off-Campus Medicare Form)
- Process created numerous wasted labels; necessary to pull armband from separate area
- Forms were printed on a patient-by-patient basis; no batching
- Routing slip had to be completed by hand based on various on-screen and printed report data
The Voluforms Solution:
- Reduces all previous key presses to 4 - 5 mouse clicks and the labor time to 15 minutes to print all documents for all patients scheduled for the day
- Automatically collates and prints all materials
- Automatically includes additional forms (such as Medicare and ARO) if needed
- Prints a more manageable number of labels and an armband on a single sheet
- Allows selective printing of packet by date for one or more scheduling departments
- Users can pick-and-chose the packets to print, allowing easy re-printing in the event of paper jams, data errors, or similar problems
- Pulls together old itinerary and routing slip data on a new custom form
What our customer had to say:
“Since we have utilized your Itinerary and Labels it has made my job a lot easier and also the Registration staff in the morning. With the Itinerary, it lists Patient Name, DOB, Scheduled appt. time. Dr's name, procedure and the insurance - all of this info with a glance of the Itinerary and they print in bulk for next day.
Since that time we have more than doubled our patients flow in the last 6 years and going back to doing them each patient at a time would be very time consuming.
Thank you for all that you and your company have done. We really appreciate it.” ~Registration/Surgical Charge area